Countdown Mini Review

Countdown is the third installment in the 39 Clues: Unstoppable series and is written by Natalie Standiford. It is Juvenile Adventure.

Synopsis: The clock has finally run out for the Cahills. As the leaders of the world’s most powerful family, Dan and Amy have been in the crosshairs for too long. It was only a matter of time until luck failed them.

Media tycoon and presidential candidate J. Rutherford Pierce has set his sights on destroying the siblings. And after numerous close calls, it looks like he’s about to get his wish.

Now Dan is hopelessly trapped and nothing can save him. Nothing except unleashing an evil the Cahills have spent centuries trying to hide.


The Cahills have always had a secret weapon, but it comes at a great cost. With everything to lose, Amy has to ask herself the question that haunts her nightmares:


Just how far is she willing to go to save her little brother? ~Goodreads

Review: The book starts off with practically everyone mad at Amy for her actions in the previous installment. Not only does she have to put up with feelings of resentment towards her, Amy is also leading her family on a mission to stop Pierce. Talk about a lot to handle. However, she handles it well, and I really admire her for how she behaves. Everyone is trying protect their family, and while this is a good thing to do, it seems to be a downfall that they don't realize.

When I first started the Unstoppable series  I wanted the 39 Clues to be done. I was ready for a somewhat happy ending. I would finish this series and not read the fourth, is what I originally told myself. However, after reading Countdown I would like to finish all the books because hey, doesn't everyone want to know how a story end up? And since I'm being honest here, I did miss the story and all the personalities.

I'm very pleased with the way this book turned out and how Standiford played all the characters out (even if they made a few stupid choices along the way). 
Rating:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag