Sparked Review

Sparked is a science fiction romance novel written by Sheena Snow. It is the first installment in the Metal Bones series.

They weren't supposed to have feelings.

Metal will Clash 

In a not-too-distant future, robots composed of metal for bones, electric cords for veins, and synthetics for skin are now available. For purchase. Eighteen-year-old Vienna Avery’s home is going to change forever, now that her mom purchased a French Chef Robot to cook and reside in their house. 
Secrets will Unfold 

The government claimed robots were indifferent, unthinking pieces of metal and elastic—assistance for hire to humans. Vienna never believed much of what the government said. The pieces didn’t always fit. And now Vienna knows why, because she’s uncovered the government’s secret: that robots have emotions, sucking Vienna into the underground world of feeling, thinking, and sovereign robots. 


Sparks will Fly 


Alec Cypher is everything a robot is not supposed to be: deep, dark, and dangerously human. And for some reason, he wants to save Vienna from the government’s prying, vindictive eyes. Going forward, Vienna will have to learn to trust robots and battle the growing feelings she never thought possible . . . feelings for the green-eyed, soul-searching robot named Alec. ~Goodreads

I was so excited to read Sparked as soon as I saw the description. The book sounded right up my alley of things I liked to read, and Snow does not disappoint. Sparked had me enthralled from the very beginning, and I had no intention of stopping till I finished.

Vienna is right to think something was strange with the government basically selling its precious secret. That's just how it goes in books. I found her rage at robots somewhat funny at first, but relatable. I would be feeling just as she did if my parents bought a programmed machine to cook my food. Oh her friends.I'm sure we all have that one friend who thinks they are doing us a favor when it isn't in the slightest, such as determining our Wednesday night plans. I feel like Vienna is a well-rounded character. Real people can relate to her and understand her situations to some extent and she has her flaws. Her relationship with her mom is cracked and there are boys problems just to name two. She makes stupid mistakes just as well.

The robotic world that Snow has depicted is beautiful writing, and while there is romance it fits right on in with the plot very well. Vienna's relationship is full of bumps. Her boyfriend is keeping secrets that involve her, and while they may hurt she deserves to know. I am so glad to read an accurate portrayal of a relationship, though I have been lucky and never read a false one. There were a few points in the book I didn't approve of. One of them is undressing your girlfriend. That is her body and not yours to look at yet Alec. The kissing scenes could have been a bit less descriptive, but other than that were fine.

Overall Sparked was a great read and I cannot wait to find out what happens in the second book!
Rating:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

Harry Potter Book Tag