Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Movie Review

"Led by Starfire, the Teen Titans – Beast Boy, Raven, Blue Beetle, Robin and the just-returned Nightwing – have built a cohesive team in their never-ending battle against evil; but their newest teammate, the mysterious and powerful Terra, may be altering that dynamic. Meanwhile, an ancient evil, Brother Blood, has awakened, and familiar foe Deathstroke is lurking in the shadows – both waiting to pounce. Ultimately, the Teen Titans will need to battle their enemies and their own doubts to unite and overcome the malicious forces around them in this twisting tale of intrigue, adventure and deception."~DC
movies wikia

I was so hyped for this movie. After all, the trailer looked awesome! Nightwing is back on the team (I prefer the costume with the blue better). Damian was sufferable which says a lot considering his personality. (Or maybe it's just he's not my favorite character, but he has come a long way.) Starfire was great, though I feel a little story for her because she's like a mother trying to deal with crazy children. I also love Raven's remarks that she says so seriously but that I have to smile at. She's also come a long way in character development. It was nice to find out more about Blue Beetle sine not much was told in the previous Teen Titans movie. I honestly didn't know what to think of Terra at first. Later I decided she could have been nicer in some situations and besides one other thing was pretty cool.

I haven't read the comic so I don't know how well the movie follows it, but I really don't care because it was so good. After it finished I sat there in stunned silence. The action sequences, suspense, and characters were so well thought out (the villains were perfectly evil). It didn't feel like an hour movie and I plan on watching it again.

I've got a couple questions. What happened to the people at the beginning of the movie? Was the clip at the end a set up for another movie sort of like it was in Justice League vs Teen Titans?

I love Garfield's little speech he does at the end. It made me tear up. I might've freaked out a little when another Titan made an appearance at the end (and that's all I'm saying). The ending was just fabulous in general. And now I also understand why it's called the Judas Contract (I was suspicious of the name).

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is a must see for DC or superhero fans in general.

Rating:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag

Wordy Wednesday (#6)