Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt


I was watching a video from SophiesSeries on Youtube called Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt and thought it was cool. There's no pressure with time limits or no point system, the only obligation is to find the items. I decided to do the tag on my blog. I'll take a picture of the items together and list then next to the corresponding item down below. Let the game begin!

Find an author's name or title with the letter Z in it: I honestly thought I would have nothing for this one, but I did. It's The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan.
Find a classic: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Find a book with a key on it: Would it count if I got a key and stuck it on top of a book? I originally was going to use a book off Wattpad called the Key of Kilenya, then got later in the challenge and found Into the Gauntlet by Margaret Peterson Haddix.
Find something on your bookshelf that's not a book: My wand (Accio books!)
Find the oldest book on your shelf: Err, yeah. This one took some thinking. I went with Meet Samantha: An American Girl by Susan S. Alder. (I did this based off book I've had the longest, not oldest via publication.)
Find a book with a girl on the cover: Nancy Drew: The Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn Keene takes the spot for this one.
Find a book that has an animal on it: Hunger by Michael Grant. The paperback has a centipede on it (or something like that).
Find a book with a male protagonist: Four by Veronica Roth
Find a book with only words on it: Uh, um, sure. Ok. Making life difficult. I was surprised I even had one and it's Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling.
Find a book with illustrations in it: Nancy Drew: The Clue of the Leaning Chimney by Carolyn Keene
Find a book with gold lettering: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Find a diary (true or fictional): A Teenager's Secret Diary Unlocked: My Struggle to Like Me by Suzy Weibel
Find a book written by someone with a common name (like Smith): Chris Grabenstein, who wrote Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library
Find a book that has a closeup of something on it: The Trap Door by Lisa McMann has a closeup of a lantern.
Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period: Curse of the Ancients by Matt De La Pena takes place in the time of the Mayans.
Find a hardcover book without a jacket: At this point I'm wondering if I'm about to use a majority of my Infinity Ring/39 Clues books (I've already used four). The Medusa Plot by Gordon Korman is hardback but there is no paper covering; everything is printed straight onto the book.
Find a teal/turquoise colored book: I was going to use The Hammer of Thor but ended up switching to Cave of Wonders by Matthew J. Kirby.
Find a book with stars on it: I have books with water, fire, sky, lightning, and trees on them. Do I have one with stars? Nooooo. 
Find a non-YA book: The Legend of the Rift by Peter Lerangis. It's a juvenile book.

Fun fact: with some of the books I just turned around in my chair and pulled them backwards off the shelf because I didn't feel like getting up a gazillion times. That's all the books/things I found. It was kind of fun to examine all my covers to find the criteria (and having all the time you need is a bonus). (And then there's the joy of having to put it all back.)
All my finds stacked up

If you do this tag please leave a link down below because I'd love to see what you found on your shelf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag

Wordy Wednesday (#6)