Heir of Fire Review

Heir of Fire is the third book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. It falls into the fantasy genre.

Read at your own risk as may contain spoilers to books one and two.

"Celaena has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak―but at an unspeakable cost. Now, she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth . . . a truth about her heritage that could change her life―and her future―forever. Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. Will Celaena find the strength to not only fight her inner demons, but to take on the evil that is about to be unleashed?

The bestselling series that has captured readers all over the world reaches new heights in this sequel to the New York Times best-selling Crown of Midnight. Packed with heart-pounding action, fierce new characters, and swoon-worthy romance, this third book will enthrall readers from start to finish."~Goodreads

For starters, I love the covers for this series so much. They're so visualy pleasing and beautiful.

A good part of the book was more of what was happening to each of them. There was action (fights and quests). I felt the plot was for buildup to what's coming in the next books which is sort of seen at the end and with aspects like wyrvens. This added a feeling of suspense. I was glad to learn more of Celaena's backstory. I'm having a little trouble connecting her past to her present (seeing them as the same person) but it's nice to fully know her origins. What she experienced makes me feel sorry for her (even though I know she wouldn't want that). It all tied together nicely and was very good.

Something about Celaena that astounds me is the passion she feels for freeing countries and slaves. She doesn't care about her crown unless it will help her achieve that goal because she wants to see everyone free from Adarlan.

New characters are introduced. One of them is a witch named Manon. I really didn't care for her at first and didn't understand the importance (though I liked knowing things before the rest of the characters), but then stuff started happening that made it interesting. There was another witch named Petrah who seems like a good person for a witch. I like her character because she seems different from the majority of her kind. Then there was Rowan. He got on my nerves at first and I wanted to slap him, but then he had his own development and I started to like him as well.

So she has this whole mission the king gave her that's huge and I feel like it was forgotten, and then like it was an after thought when it was brought up. There was no "I wonder why my assassin hasn't gotten me what I've asked," which I kind of would've expected. There's people's lives on the line here!

Maas once again paints a wonderful, fantastical world full of magic and mystical creatures. I wanted to know about all the characters. Heir of Fire grips and hooks you, making you want to continue reading and not stop till everything is uncovered.

Rating:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag

Wordy Wednesday (#6)