The Hammer of Thor Review

The Hammer of Thor is the second book in the Magnus Chase series by Rick Riordan. It is juvenile mythology. Here are a few reasons to read it.

"Thor's hammer is missing again. The thunder god has a disturbing habit of misplacing his weapon--the mightiest force in the Nine Worlds. But this time the hammer isn't just lost, it has fallen into enemy hands. If Magnus Chase and his friends can't retrieve the hammer quickly, the mortal worlds will be defenseless against an onslaught of giants. Ragnarok will begin. The Nine Worlds will burn. Unfortunately, the only person who can broker a deal for the hammer's return is the gods' worst enemy, Loki--and the price he wants is very high."~Goodreads

1. One thing you can count on with Riordan's books is the humor. I was laughing so much because it's woven throughout the whole story. If you're used to serious gods that threaten to kill demigods, you won't be seeing much of that.

2. Okay, I may or may not have freaked out when Percy's name came up. How could I not? Percy is amazing. Crossovers are amazing. I need the next book so I can find out what happens. And this time there better not be a time jump. Long time to wait for release of the third novel? Check!

3. This was a fantastic story, even if I was frustrated. Something always seemed to be going wrong or there was a new prophecy. Great book, but I wouldn't want to be Magnus or one of his friends. (Unless I can have free falafel, then count me in.) Well written, one again.

4. Because Magnus and Samirah's friendship is great. It reminds me a little of when Percy and Annabeth first met. Except Samirah is less open and has powers. Magnus tries to help and support her when he can. All his friends are pretty cool even though we don't see as much of them in book two (floor nineteen for the win).

5. Not so much a reason to read The Hammer of Thor, but the covers are stunning. I love the color scheme so much.

If it's not obvious yet, I really like Rick Riordan's books. (He;s the author where I own most of his books). I know the Percy Jackson series wasn't for everyone, but this has its differences so I encourage giving it a go.

Rating: 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag

Wordy Wednesday (#6)