My Dream Book Panel

I came home this past week to see an email sitting in my inbox. But this wasn't just another email from Pinterest or Goodreads. This was asking me what my dream book panel would be like. And I got to thinking. So I'm here today to tell you what my dream book panel would look like.
Who would be on my panel? I would love for half of it to be book characters, the other half authors so I could hear from both sides. The authors could talk about their stories and writing. The characters would be interesting to hear from because they would be able to talk more about what their lives are like. 
As for specifically? Definitely Annabeth Chase. I think it'd be cool to have Robin up there too-- though which one I don't know. My last character would be Cia Vale from The Testing. I have a whole list of authors ranging from fantasy-mystery.There are some authors I want to drag out of hiding like Christopher Paolini. Peter Lerangis and Sara Shepard are my two others.

What questions would you ask? I would ask the characters how they felt about their author (I can hear Annabeth ranting about Rick Riordan). Some of them have had to worst things happen to them, and we don't always get a direct look inside their head. My second question would be if they could change one thing that happens in their story, what would they pick and why. To the authors I would want to know how they decide to kill the characters off. Also, how do you make sure there are no plot holes? Or how to write a good mystery?

Who would moderate? Percy came to my mind. And while he might be really funny and keep everyone interested, I don't think he's the right person for the job. While there are many who I might pick for the job, I'd want to do it myself (because who doesn't want to talk to some of the best people, real or fictional).

Where would it take place? One of my original thoughts was The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. But then I realized than probably wouldn't work out. So then I decided on a bookstore, but not a huge chain. More like one of the ones that only appear locally (I've seen some cool ones online in NYC). 

Other tidbits: I want a souvenir. Like to get my book signed. Or a bookmark is cool too. All the attendees would get one just for being awesome. I'm also thinking no more than $10 to come (because none of us are rich). And the panelists and I should all go out to eat afterwards. 

There we have it, my dream bookish panel. I'd like to thank Eventbrite for pitching the idea to me. If you're in need of a good event planning software to plan your next gathering or event, check it out here. It was so much fun to explore and see all the possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag

Wordy Wednesday (#6)