Happily Ever After Review

24465724
Happily Ever After: Companion to the Selection Series is written by Kiera Cass as romance with a hint of dystopian. If you have not read the first three Selection books, I would advise you not to read this review.
The contents of Happily Ever After are as follows:

-The Prince (with the two bonus chapters), Maxon’s novella
-The Guard, Aspen’s novella
-The Queen, Amberly’s novella
-The Favorite, Marlee’s novella
-Three scenes from Celeste’s POV
-Lucy’s scene (bonus scene from The One)
-The bonus epilogue
-Where are they now?
-A map
-Various illustrations

Not very helpful if you ask me. For the Prince, Guard, Queen, and Favorite, summaries are available on the novella on Goodreads.

The Queen
I am sad to say I didn't enjoy this story as much as I though I might. Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing what happened before the books took place, and I feel like I understand Amberly better now. But compared to the other three it's not my favorite, though it's a cute little story.

The Prince
The description for this once was a bit misleading. It did feature another girl, but not as much as I was expecting, even though thoughts of her were throughout. It was a delight in some ways seeing everything from Maxon's point of view. Just him trying to be a prince is funny.

The Guard
Ok Cass, you got me to like Aspen. I never hated him but he was never my favorite. I never shipped him with America either. However, I like him much better now and he has a unique sense of humor I think. This guy will do anything for the love of his life, seriously.

The Favorite
If America's relationship is cute the Marlee's is on the same level. This story was definitely my favorite (no pun intended). Her and Carter are so comfortable with each other and I love their playfulness. "You can't steal me. I'm not a teapot." It was cool to see some of the behind the scenes work at the castle.

The extra content I really liked as well. It was nice to see what happened after and get to know what was going on in the other characters heads besides America. And American and Maxon are officially one of the cutest couples ever. The map helped me place all the places, which was helpful. The drawings were nice, but I felt there weren't that many differences between them except maybe for the way their facial features were drawn. I also prefer leaving it up to my imagination.

All in all it was a fantastic read to bring me back to the world of the Selection.

Rating: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

Harry Potter Book Tag