Insurgent Movie Review

So I know I'm late at seeing this movie and that this review might mean absolutely nothing. However, I still wanted to put my thoughts out there. This review is going to cover the movie from a book standpoint and a film standpoint. I did read the book three years ago, so if my information is incorrect, kindly let me know.


"Now on the run from Jeanine (Kate Winslet) and the rest of the power-hungry Erudites, Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) search for allies and answers in the ruins of Chicago. They must find out what Tris' family sacrificed their lives to protect and why the Erudites will do anything to stop them. Side by side, Tris and Four face one seemingly insurmountable challenge after another, as they unravel the secrets of the past and -- ultimately -- the future of their world."~Google

For being a book to movie adaptation, it didn't do so well. There were things they kept, but ultimately they changed the book. There was still some of the original plot left, though it felt to revolve more around the new one. If we're comparing it the Percy Jackson movie, it might only be two or three steps above it for me.

For a movie, it was good. I couldn't believe that it was two hours long; it felt almost like one. Maybe it's because it pulled me in, I don't know. The action was great along with the acting. And even though the plot wasn't 100% in line with the book, they did a nice job combining the two. The movie hit me right in the feels. And the ending-oh my goodness- talk about leaving an impression because it did.

So while I wish they kept more of the original story I think the producers did a reasonable, if not to say, good job. What were your thoughts if you saw it?

Rating: 4 Penguins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

Harry Potter Book Tag