Will Grayson, Will Grayson Review

Will Grayson, Will Grayson is a stand-alone novel written by John Green and David Levithan. The genre is Young Adult Contemporary.

"Will Grayson meets Will Grayson. One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two strangers are about to cross paths. From that moment on, their world will collide and lives intertwine.

It's not that far from Evanston to Naperville, but Chicago suburbanites Will Grayson and Will Grayson might as well live on different planets. When fate delivers them both to the same surprising crossroads, the Will Graysons find their lives overlapping and hurtling in new and unexpected directions. With a push from friends new and old - including the massive, and massively fabulous, Tiny Cooper, offensive lineman and musical theater auteur extraordinaire - Will and Will begin building toward respective romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history's most awesome high school musical
."~Goodreads

When I first decided to read this book I really had no clue how the story was going to play out, but I was interested to see what would happen. After reading half the first chapter I was bored. Not much was happening and I wanted to be done. I was half tempted to return to book, but I pushed myself to continue. The story started picking up pace a couple chapters later, especially when the two Graysons met for the first time.

Jane makes the story a whole lot more intriguing. She's a good character who's obsessed with music and in slightly nerdy. Tiny started to get on my nerves, not because he's gay, but because he never really took his friends feelings into account. He thankfully comes around at the end. The first Will Grayson that is introduced is kind of admirable. For instance, it takes guts to be honest to a girl for ten minutes. The second one is gay so I had a harder time connecting to him as a character besides the fact that he puts himself down.

If you plan on reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson this amount of information will help you out a lot. I didn't figure it out till chapter 8 that odd chapters was one perspective and evens were another (they put these in lower case which bugged me at first.) I had to rethink those seven chapters and after I did it made a whole lot of sense.

There were a lot of f-bombs dropped (mainly in the even chapters) and it made me really uncomfortable. In my opinion, the worst of the cuss words were used in the book. There was some dirty talk too in one of the dialogues and I had to skip it. Sadly, some of the conversations take that direction also.

Over all, Will Grayson, Will Grayson was a nice book, though not particularly great in my opinion.

Rating:

Comments

  1. Aw I really loved this book, but they may be because I don't mind swearing, although I think Jane was the best by far and she was quite a big presence in the book. I really came round to Tiny because he made me laugh, but he got on my nerves too at times, but that made him more real to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. It did make him more real. The ending was pretty good though

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag

Wordy Wednesday (#6)