The Crown Review

The Crown is by Kiera Cass. It is the fifth book in the Selection series and is romance.

"When Eadlyn became the first princess of Illéa to hold her own Selection, she didn’t think she would fall in love with any of her thirty-five suitors. She spent the first few weeks of the competition counting down the days until she could send them all home. But as events at the palace force Eadlyn even further into the spotlight, she realizes that she might not be content remaining alone.

Eadlyn still isn’t sure she’ll find the fairytale ending her parents did twenty years ago. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and soon Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more impossible—and more important—than she ever imagined."~Goodreads

As soon as I pulled the book off the shelf by first thought was how short it was. I was worried the story wouldn't be as complete because of that. I was wrong. Somehow, the rest of the plot and ending of the novel was accomplished. Like the rest of the series, it is a easy read and great if you need something more lighthearted that some of the other books on the market (I'm looking at you, Throne of Glass).

When The Heir came out, I didn't like Eadlyn. She wasn't that great of a character until she started changing toward the end. That change is evident a lot in the final installment. Normally, annoying characters are not well liked and we all want them to change. I loved seeing how that happened with Eadlyn and watching her make difficult decisions.

One thing I love about the royal family is their humor. I found myself laughing multiple times throughout. I'm pretty sure they can turn almost anything into a joke.

The Heir is such a beautiful story. There are so many quotable moments that I want to use the rest of my life, but I'm pretty sure half of them will never apply. The ending was so perfect and there's nothing I would change about it.

One of my only problems with the book was that there was words being left out. They were words such as if and am, and I was able to easily fill them in, but it did detract when I had to go back and reread for a sentence to make sense.

For those who like a good romance story, I recommend picking up the Selection series and binge reading the whole thing (so not kidding). Along with romance we have politics, drama, dystopian so I think that they have something for everyone. The Heir was a fantastic end to the series.

Rating:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag