Demigods and Magicians Review

Demigods and Magicians is by Rick Riordan. It is a cross-over series with Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles and includes all three short stories in the series.

"Magic, monsters, and mayhem abound when Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase meet Carter and Sadie Kane for the first time. Weird creatures are appearing in unexpected places, and the demigods and magicians have to team up to take them down. As they battle with Celestial Bronze and glowing hieroglyphs, the four heroes find that they have a lot in common--and more power than they ever thought possible. But will their combined forces be enough to foil an ancient enemy who is mixing Greek and Egyptian incantations for an evil purpose? Rick Riordan wields his usual storytelling magic in this adrenaline-fueled adventure."~Goodreads

I was so excited to finally be reading the Son of Sobek. Percy is one of my favorite characters, and his reactions can produce a good laugh. Despite it being from Carter's perspective, I still felt like I understood both of them pretty well. Carter is too cool, I just have never read the Kane Chronicles. I flipped through one of the comic books once and that, and the fact that the majority was explained, allowed me to understand the Egyptian parts.

The Staff of Serapis I actually read at the bookstore so it was more of a refresher. Annabeth and Sadie definitely had a different experience. Sadie's taunts are hilarious. The two paired together made for a great story. And I feel so happy for Annabeth. Something actually fixed itself for her. Serapis was that perfect villain. And farting camels for the win!

Now I was looking forward to The Crown of Ptolemy. Who doesn't like knowing how a story ends most of the time? The beginning was okay. About twenty pages in I put the book down because I got fed up with the villain. He just felt so annoying and hard to understand. This thankfully improved. And if this story is no testimony to these four's greatness, I don't know what is.

Thank you Riordan for another amazing series.

Rating:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

Harry Potter Book Tag