Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes Review

Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes is by Rick Riordan in the genre of mythology.

"Who cut off Medusa's head? Who was raised by a she-bear? Who tamed Pegasus? It takes a demigod to know, and Percy Jackson can fill you in on the all the daring deeds of Perseus, Atalanta, Bellerophon, and the rest of the major Greek heroes. Told in the funny, irreverent style readers have come to expect from Percy, ( I've had some bad experiences in my time, but the heroes I'm going to tell you about were the original old school hard luck cases. They boldly screwed up where no one had screwed up before. . .) and enhanced with vibrant artwork by Caldecott Honoree John Rocco, this story collection will become the new must-have classic for Rick Riordan's legions of devoted fans--and for anyone who needs a hero. So get your flaming spear. Put on your lion skin cape. Polish your shield and make sure you've got arrows in your quiver. We're going back about four thousand years to decapitate monsters, save some kingdoms, shoot a few gods in the butt, raid the Underworld, and steal loot from evil people. Then, for dessert, we'll die painful tragic deaths. Ready? Sweet. Let's do this. "~Goodreads

I would suggest reading Percy Jackson's Greek Gods first because several references are made to that. After a long time of reading this book I am pleased to say that I have finished. One reason I really like this book is because Percy makes some funny or sassy comment in the middle of something serious. Two clashing rocks? Must be two colors that go badly with each other. Riordan has a great way of retelling the myths- funny with the original substance still there.

Since I knew the majority of the heroes before reading this, that was probably why I just now finished. I wasn't in a rush. My favorite story was probably Atalanta. I like her personality and how she faces a prophecy head on unlike some kings who think they can stop it. I also like Psyche. She has one of the cutest love stories ever.

Two themes I saw were either a goddess hates you or you just have really bad luck. The lesson kids: try not to piss of the Olympians (though Hercules is a different story) or try to not to do stupid things. Yeah, this book is full of stupid mistakes heroes made and the painful death.

Let's talk about the last sentence in Jason's section and the afterword. I was fangirling a good amount. Nothing is better than having the character's signature or a book reference.

Forget picking up an adventure book or romance novel. Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes is totally worth the read and has it all (learning in a way like this is unbeatable in my opinion and just having a good laugh).

"She had a lot of courage and many other great qualities, but she didn't trust herself."

Rating: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag