Flashpoint Review

Flashpoint is by Gordon Korman and is the fourth book in the 39 Clues:Unstoppable series. The genres are juvenile fiction and adventure.

"Tick Tock. Sixteen-year-old Amy Cahill only has few days to live. There’s a poison coursing through her, and her only chance is to collect ingredients for an antidote. Too bad the antidote ingredients are scattered around the world. And too bad that survival is by far Amy’s smallest problem.

The antidote she needs is also the only thing capable of stopping a deadly enemy. J. Rutherford Pierce is on the brink of becoming the most powerful man in the world, and if he does, no one will be safe. Amy and her younger brother, Dan, will do everything it takes to bring Pierce down. Even if Amy must pay the ultimate price.
 "~Goodreads

One, I can't believe I finished the series. I don't know why I didn't earlier since I love these books. Now there's just the fourth series and a side book left (plus the games but that's not the same thing). And can we talk about the cover for a minute? I think it's so cool.

Talk about a twist in the story. I definitely didn't see it coming. And just by reading this series shows how media likes to change the truth. Pierce was a perfect villain. It's like he cares about his kids, but only for short amounts of time before he goes back to trying to kill people and take over the world.

I was about to punch Amy towards the end of the book. Like, this is a stupid decision you're making. Very stubborn. At least it worked out fine. And Dan and Atticus are hilarious. I was probably two chapters in and despite the dire situation I was laughing and then for the rest of the book as well. Several times throughout the book it was reiterated how the Clue hunt had forced them to grow up and all the pressure afterwords. I have to hand it to the Cahill family for not breaking down that easily because I would probably be a hot mess two times more often. Just the way they have each other's backs is great.

Did I enjoy this series? Mostly. Am I glad it's over? Yes and no. Yes because I can read the fourth series and don't have to freak out over what's going to happen. No because the 39 Clues are one step closer to being finished for me, which is sad.

"Dan gasped in mock horror. 'You mean you figured out our secret recipe for potato salad?'"

I'll leave you with one final Mrrp.

Rating: 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag