Fantastic Beasts Movie Review

"The adventures of writer Newt Scamander in New York's secret community of witches and wizards seventy years before Harry Potter reads his book in school."~IMDb
They need to come up with better summaries for movies.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them did not disappoint me. It was what I expected and slightly more. I loved getting to see the wizarding world in North America come alive (and they did a spectacular job at it too).

The characters were all cast perfectly. Eddie Redmayne made the perfect Newt. The others filled the parts excellently. That is one thing about the Harry Potter movies that stands out from others - they cast their characters well.

Seeing all the beasts was great! The niffler is by far my favorite and I plan on getting a Pop! version. The bowtruckle was adorable as well. They did a great job bringing the fictional characters to life.

It is different. The story is more lighthearted and it's definitely more humorous that the Harry Potter movies. And if I dare say so, it was kind of cute. There was a little mystery aspect and that made it even better. The "arguments" Newt gets into over the differences between the British and American worlds is entertaining.

I suggest making a stop at the Fantastic Beasts website because it is so cool! I was fangirling just because they had the music playing. They also have a lot of other cool stuff.

I plan on going to see the movie a second time because it was that good. It was honestly hard to find the right words to describe this amazing film.

Rating: 5 penguins

Comments

  1. I just saw it, and I agree wholeheartedly!! It was an amazing movie!

    -BB Step

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag

Wordy Wednesday (#6)