Ruins Review

Ruins is the third and final installment in the Partials Sequence by Dan Wells. The genres are sci-fi and dystopian.

"Kira, Samm, and Marcus fight to prevent a final war between Partials and humans in the gripping final installment in the Partials Sequence, a series that combines the thrilling action ofThe Hunger Games with the provocative themes of Blade Runnerand The Stand.

There is no avoiding it—the war to decide the fate of both humans and Partials is at hand. Both sides hold in their possession a weapon that could destroy the other, and Kira Walker has precious little time to prevent that from happening. She has one chance to save both species and the world with them, but it will only come at great personal cost."~Goodreads

First of all, I can't believe I'm done with the series. Wow. It was a wonderful last book. Sure, there is a short story but it's not the same as a 400 page book.(Why is it called a sequence when it's basically a trilogy?)

While there are some parts of the book that had happened differently, at the same time I like the way they turned out. Some of the things were still easy to guess, but that's okay since it wasn't the whole book. My otp happened which I was so excited about because I spent the whole first book wanting to ship them. I like the other person more as a best friend. I know this is really bad but I'm actually glad one character died. S/he wasn't my favorite-- far from it actually-- but I didn't despise them either.

I almost would like to know what happens after the ending just to answer some of my questions, but at least my imagination will get to work. And I have  question I want a character to answer: WHY? Since what they did made only some sense.

My favorite quote paraphrased because I already returned Ruins- If you want to survive in this world you need to stop asking why we work together and just start doing it.

Would I recommend this series? Yes, yes, and yes. I loved it that much.

Rating: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag

Wordy Wednesday (#6)