Discussion Platforms

Hello everyone! So I was thinking recently about how the comments work on blogger and how some people use a platform for their blog called Disqus, which got me thinking: What is the best system for interacting with bloggers on their blog?

My main problem that I have with the comment system that comes with Blogger is that I don't know when someone responds to my comments, which also means when I reply to someone, they don't see what I said either. Of course, I could check back on the posts I commented on, but that takes a lot of dedication. If there's a setting someone has found to remedy this, please let me know.

That brings me to Disqus. It works way better because they email you a notification when someone responds, which means the conversation can be kept going. The only downside is that you have to create an account to use it, which isn't that bad, but for some people it's easier to use the system already on the blog. I have looked into downloading this for mine, but because of the above reason (and I still want to research it more), I haven't done so.

I know there's social media like Twitter, Instagram, and Bloglovin', which are great ways for communicating with bloggers. However, I feel like if I have a comment to make regarding a blog post, such as with book reviews, it'd be better suited to go there, as opposed to a comment in the person's feed which can more easily be lost.

What do you think? Have you found a system that works the best? Are they all similar? Please let me know down in the comments.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Will Grayson, Will Grayson Review

Rapid Fire Book Tag