I Messed Up Book Tag

I've had this tagged saved to do for forever, and finally got around to actually doing it.

1. A CHARACTER’S APPEARANCE THAT YOU MISREAD OR IMAGINED DIFFERENTLY:
Blitzen from the Magnus Chase series

2. A CHARACTER NAME THAT YOU’VE BEEN PRONOUNCING WRONG:

I pronounce lots of character names from fantasy books wrong (because they're made up so it's not like people say them everyday), but the one that sticks out to me is Chaol from Throne of Glass. I said it like coal the whole time, and when I read the actual pronunciation I stuck to it for a while. Then it turned into "saying coal is quicker than kay-all, so I'm not going to bother getting it right all the time."

3. AN OVERUSED TROPE THAT IS YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE:
The mysterious bad-boy love interest/character. I know they're overused, but I find them interesting to read because  they're not all like that for the same reason.

4. A CLICHÉ CHARACTER TYPE THAT YOU LIKE BETTER ON SCREEN THAN READING ABOUT:
The character who thinks everything should go their way and is upset when it doesn't (I'm thinking Tyler from Mr. Student Body President, but at least he tries to actually do something.)

5. A WORD/PHRASE YOU LEARNED BECAUSE OF ITS USE IN A BOOK:

By the dog. Thanks Plato, it really means a lot to me. As for words, there are several I've taken note of (which you can see in my Wordy Wednesday posts), others I go "oh, new word. Probably means this      . Let's keep reading."

6. HAVE YOU EVER NOT READ OR COMPLETED A REQUIRED READING BOOK FOR SCHOOL?

Well, in elementary school our system was check out your own books to read. I checked one out, it bored me, so I flipped through it instead.

7. HAVE YOU EVER (OR WANTED TO) SKIPPED A CHAPTER FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF A CHARACTER YOU WEREN’T INTERESTED IN?

Yes, I've wanted to, probably because of lack of interest before, but for me because there's one POV that's more intriguing at the moment and so I want to find out what happens to them, not the other(s).

8. HAVE YOU EVER CANCELLED SOCIAL PLANS TO READ A BOOK?
Pretty sure I haven't, but I've brought the book to the gathering and read a few pages in free time.

There you have it, some insight into what happens when I read and what I prefer and don't. Do you relate to any of my answers? Let me know if the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sword of Summer Review

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

Harry Potter Book Tag