Cold Fury Review

Cold Fury is by T.M. Goeglein and is the first book. It is a thriller and action.

Cold Fury (Cold Fury, #1)"Jason Bourne meets The Sopranos in this breathtaking adventure 

Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob). 

Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defense--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives. 
Action packed, with fresh, cinematic writing, Cold Fury is a riveting and imaginative adventure readers will devour."~Goodreads

I was really looking forward to reading Cold Fury. After all the summary made it sound really exciting. I'm not saying it wasn't, because it definitely had its moments. The first ten chapters were her past. At first it was okay. Then I wanted to get to the main story. In my opinion, those ten could've been summed up in five. Also, I feel like the book didn't get into the main story as much as it could have.The speed picked up towards the end and I actually started to like it.

I really like the characters. They had personality and form, even the minors. Sarah Jane made a great main character. She's fighting for her life and will do anything to save her family. I like how she still worries about her normal life at times. Some of my other favorites were Lou, Doug, and Max. And this book has one of the strangest love situations, which I like because it makes the story different from other books.

Another thing I enjoyed was the Italian aspect and how the plot basically centers around it. Speaking Italian, yes please! Plus I can relate to Sarah Jane - we both want to go to Italy.

When I was about half way through I was planning on not reading the second book because I was getting bored to often. Now I want to know what happens. The struggles of a book lover.

"All forms of betrayal are poison."

Rating:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag