Mockingjay Part 2 Movie Review

I went to go see Mockingjay Part 2 the day it came out and decided to write a review since I don't have a book to post a review for at the moment.

Spoilers after this point. Read at your own risk.

Sticking to the Book
Overall they did a wonderful job sticking to the book. The action was brought well to life without changing the plot ( Mockingjay was kind of dry). Of course, minor characters were cut out, so Prim went to talk to Peeta instead of the original character. I think the scene played out great despite this (I felt like they were actually pulling lines from the book). Katniss sneaks to the Capitol instead of Coin actually sending her there. The scorpion mutts were changed to be these humanoid type things, which was kind of disappointing (because in the book the scorpions got to shoot them). Yes, everyone died that was supposed to. The last line before the epilogue scene was "Real" which was the best thing ever. Well, besides the epilogue because that was pretty awesome! One book series successfully completed!

Feelings
My emotions were a mixture of sadness and excitement. It's the last movie but we had a bunch of action! Obviously tears were shed. And I was not crying at just the end, I cried for about half the movie. Let's just say at the end the same tune that was during Rue's death was played and the Katniss sang the same song she did in the scene also. Not ok movie producers, not ok. And then you have about a billion character deaths. However, when Coin died I felt like rejoicing. Poor Annie.

Content
There was a good amount of violence, but what else do you expect? Flowers and sunshine? There was gore maybe once, but it was not that bad. Yes, we do have kissing (Annie and Finnick, Katniss and Gale, Katniss and Peeta). I swear about three fourths of those movie lines were from the book. There were probably a few cuss words, but I cannot specifically say. Besides that, we have rebellious Katniss surviving the 76th Hunger Games, two evil presidents, and hijacked Peeta. Oh yeah, and a possible new Hunger Game with Capitol kids. (which I don't think ever happened after Coin was shot).

Rating
5 stars for Mockingjay Part 2! Can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can watch it a bunch.

Now I want to go read the book again just because the movie was so well done and relive the moment! Hunger Games movie marathon anyone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordy Wednesday (#6)

The Sword of Summer Review

Harry Potter Book Tag